Good Afternoon, night, morning depending on where you are and take part.
How are you doing? Is “Love Is In Da Blog 2018” inspiring you?
It inspires me and has inspired me a couple of months by now. I never thought I could pull of a blog event until the brilliant Linda at Life in Progress inspired me to try one out back in 2015. I had taken part in her #JusJoJan for the first time and found it real fun. So I just did. So if you feel a blog event on your blog would be a good idea: Just go for it.
What does that little return to the “Love Is In Da Blog” history to do with today’s prompt? Nothing what so ever!!!! I just remembered how it all started.
For today I have chosen a word that is riddled with difficult connotations as it is often used in religious context. The prompt is
However, you can often hear that couples who have been together for a very long time are devoted to each other. And I can honestly say that I am definitely devoted to the best husband (Jeremy Clarkson voice) in the world!
A vast field for you to choose with today’s prompt. I hope it can get you writing, blogging, drawing, singing….. Just in case you do not know them yet, here are the “Love Is In Da Blog” rules/suggestions.
“Love Is In Da Blog” Rules/suggestions
- Join in! No matter where, when and with what. You missed the first day or week? Don’t worry. Just jump in when it suits you.
- Send us the link! Unfortunately, my blog is now self-hosted and the ping-back option does not always work. So please leave a link in the comments on the day of the prompt that you are writing to so we can all come and visit you.
- Tag your post either with “Love Is In Da Blog” or #LoIsInDaBl. You can also use these as hashtags for Twitter and other Social Networks to give your post more exposure.
- No matter which medium the prompt favours you create with them whatever you please, and whatever length you please (no pun intended ) as long as it is about “LOVE.”
- If you like, use this picture for your readers to find the posts. You can download or copy and paste it here
Fellow Bloggers who took part in previous Love Is In Da Blog:
Tournesol dans un Jardin
Something to read about Devotion:
(affiliate link with Wordery. I get 5% commission on your purchase)
Devotion by Patti Smith
From the renowned artist and author Patti Smith, an inspired exploration of the nature of creative invention
A work of creative brilliance may seem like magic?its source a mystery, its impact unexpectedly stirring. How does an artist accomplish such an achievement, connecting deeply with an audience never met? In this groundbreaking book, one of our culture’s beloved artists offers a detailed account of her own creative process, inspirations, and unexpected connections.
Patti Smith first presents an original and beautifully crafted tale of obsession?a young skater who lives for her art, a possessive collector who ruthlessly seeks his prize, a relationship forged of need both craven and exalted. She then takes us on a second journey, exploring the sources of her story. We travel through the South of France to Camus’s house, and visit the garden of the great publisher Gallimard where the ghosts of Mishima, Nabokov, and Genet mingle. Smith tracks down Simone Weil’s grave in a lonely cemetery, hours from London, and winds through the nameless Paris streets of Patrick Modiano’s novels. Whether writing in a café or a train, Smith generously opens her notebooks and lets us glimpse the alchemy of her art and craft in this arresting and original book on writing.
The Why I Write series is based on the Windham-Campbell Lectures, delivered annually to commemorate the awarding of the Donald Windham-Sandy M. Campbell Literature Prizes at Yale University.