Today @FrauPaulchen challenges me properly :-). Even though I am a fan of haiku I have never tried any other forms of Japanese poetry and I am not that good with using poetic forms. I’d rather go for free verse. But maybe that is a sign to get myself challenged a little more in poetry writing. But I leave these ponderings for another day. Now it is up to @FrauPaulchen to tell us what we are writing later on:
it is always fascinating how such a simple prompt can elate and create many brilliant texts. varied, deep, touching. thanks!
i thought, when i wrote my haiku for nocturnal/shady creatures, it is time for a poetic form trilogy. i do not tell you which three forms it will be in the next three days. only the form for tomorrow will be revealed, of course.
the #frapalymo-prompt no 21 is: “write a blue tanka“. tanka are older than haiku but follow a defined metre. a tanka is written in five lines with 5-7-5-7-7 syllable count. the topic of the tanka is up to you ~ it only needs to contain the colour blue (that is why I wrote “a blue tanka”). and now have fun with form and colour….!
…and the small print: please let me know via email or twitter if you take part. then I can post the link to your blog/poem on Twitter. or post the link in the comments under the daily prompt post on my blog. the hashtag for Twitter is #frapalymo, and I am @FrauPaulchen.”
Of course, my fellow English speaking poets and poetesses rather let me @Morgaine620 know or post the link here in the comments.
You can find the original German post here
Suggestions for taking part in English #frapalymo
- read the translation of @FrauPaulchen’s prompt
2. write your English (German if you can/want to) poem on your blog and tag it with “English #frapalymo.”
3. use the “English #frapalymo” picture if you want to
4. set a link to the translated prompt here on Bee’s blog
5. visit other links posted here and if you want to/can those posted with the hashtag #fapalymo on Twitter
6. The Bee will post your link to the German #frapalymo and translate for you if you want to. Now go, create and have lots of fun!