Oh, today’s prompt makes me excited as it works with our love for books. But I don’t keep you long…. let’s just jump into the prompt:
we could already feel winter thanks to your beautiful frost pattern poems. i am sure birgit took like all of us a lot of pleasure in it.
the prompt for tomorrow (@FrauPaulchen posted this yesterday) is an entirely new experiment and comes under the category “games with language, love of language”. i am looking forward to finding out how you deal with it.
the #frapalymo prompt no 19 is: „choose ten book titles and use only those words for a poem” you can choose your poetry books, have a look into your prose box or even see if there is an interesting title in “special non-fiction”. important: you can only use the words of those titles for your poem. you leave some of the words out, you can’t add any words and yes you can make an accusative out of a nominative or change a singular into a plural. a little flexibility is possible….
this might mean that your poem isn’t very smooth language wise. but that is not the goal of this prompt. the goal is to be astonished by language and to break free from your usual versing routines. have fun!
…and the small print: please let me know via email or twitter if you take part. then I can post the link to your blog/poem on Twitter. or post the link in the comments under the daily prompt post on my blog. the hashtag for Twitter is #frapalymo, and I am @FrauPaulchen.”
Of course, my fellow English speaking poets and poetesses rather let me @Morgaine620 know or post the link here in the comments.
You can find the original German post here
Suggestions for taking part in English #frapalymo
- read the translation of @FrauPaulchen’s prompt
2. write your English (German if you can/want to) poem on your blog and tag it with “English #frapalymo.”
3. use the “English #frapalymo” picture if you want to
4. set a link to the translated prompt here on Bee’s blog
5. visit other links posted here and if you want to/can those posted with the hashtag #fapalymo on Twitter
6. The Bee will post your link to the German #frapalymo and translate for you if you want to. Now go, create and have lots of fun!